Whether you have a small startup business or you have been around a while, you have probably heard how important content marketing is. However, this does not mean you know how to tackle it. Unfortunately, many people fail at content marketing because they don’t know what to do to be affective at it. When done properly, it can improve lead generation, build and strengthen brand awareness, enhance search, attract inbound links, and provide prospects with information they need to make an educated decision.Comments are open:
- Think Through Your Strategy – Jumping in feet first may work with other aspects of your life, but it is never a good idea, when it comes to content marketing. To be successful, you need a plan. You know your goal is to generate revenue. You need to create a detailed strategy that you can follow to make that happen.
- Optimize Your Content – No one will tell you that succeeding with optimization will be easy, but the effort will be worth it. You need to appeal to prospects while also satisfying search engines and the two are not always looking for the same thing.
- 3. Evaluate Content Assets – Do you know what content is working for you and what might as well not exist? Is it your own blog or a guest article you did on another site? Maybe it’s a Facebook post that continues to get new views months after it was made. You won’t know what methods to focus on if you don’t take the time to find out which strategies are working.
- Quality Always Beats Quantity – Years ago when the Web was really growing at an incredible rate, people were throwing anything on the Internet. Quantity ruled, even if it was trash. Thankfully, search engines developed and were given a brain smart enough for searching for the good stuff in a sea of chaos. Today, search engines are even smarter, and reward quality content. You are better to have a single high quality article than 10 low quality ones.
- Create a Content Marketing Budget – One of the great things about social networking platforms is that you can reach a significant number of people without expensive marketing campaigns, like radio airtime or TV commercials. However, that does not mean that spending a little won’t improve your results. Outbrain and Taboola are great content distribution networks to check out. Paid social media promotion is another great option.