You have probably heard the term “tribe” when it comes to the online presence of your business. So what exactly is a tribe? It’s your online community. It is the people that follow and support your business. They stand behind you and are more than willing to help spread the word about your business to through word of mouth advertising. Here are 9 ways to begin growing your tribe:Comments are open:1
- See what your mentors are doing – take the time to look at others in your industry that you respect. Learn how they are interacting with their online followers.
- Find your voice – People don’t want to interact with a business, they want to interact with people. Make sure that you find your voice. You want everything that you say online to be clear and easy to understand.
- Choose your platform – Find out which social media platform your target market is hanging around on. If you try to have a presence on every platform you will most likely not be successful when you are just starting out. Choose one or two to focus on. If you find that you aren’t getting a lot of response on one platform see if another one is a better fit.
- Consistency is key – Choose a schedule to post on and then stick to it. Consistency is the key to success. Your followers need to know what they can expect from you.
- Provide valuable information – No one is going to waste their time on your content if you are simply promoting yourself all the time. Look for ways to provide free and valuable content to your followers.
- Make yourself easy to find – Use hashtags so you can be easily found by the people that are looking for the topics that you cover.
- Quality over quantity – It doesn’t matter if you are constantly putting out information if it is not quality. Strive to make sure that every post, piece of content, and image that you put online is of good quality.
- Interact – Do not just post on social media and disappear. Use the platform to grow relationships with your following. Make sure that you respond to their questions, like their posts, and comment on their accounts. Everyone wants to feel noticed.
- Don’t be afraid to ask – Your tribe wants to stand behind your business and they will be willing to help you, but they need to know how to help. Don’t be afraid to ask your followers for what you need. Ask them to comment on the post or to share the information with their friends.