If the thought of hosting a webinar makes you break out into a sweat, you are not alone. You have probably attended webinars, but thinking about actually hosting one has never crossed your mind. Or perhaps you have wanted to do one, but you have heard others say that it is really hard to make money with them. While difficult, this is not exactly true. With the right tips and careful planning, you can host a webinar that is both profitable and successful. Below are Mind Protein’s Webinar Tips.Comments are open:
- Content is King – For a webinar to be successful it can’t just be thrown together. The content needs to deliver what you promise. It should be professional, but easy to understand, and there definitely should be no errors in it. Start with an outline and then choose appropriate templates. It is recommended to keep slides very simple with 10 words or less.
- Skip the Script – It can be tempting to write a script to read, but resist the urge to do so. Participants are not paying to watch you read your notes. It can be intimidating to get started, but it will get easier. If you have to, jot down just a couple points for each slide to help guide you. This will also help ensure you don’t forget something important you wanted to mention.
- Don’t Be Boring – Your audience will not stay more than a few minutes if you are boring, and they definitely won’t sign up for a future one. They will sit there thinking about the other 10 things they could be doing until they finally just leave. Record yourself a few times and review. You may want a friend or family member to watch and provide you with an objective opinion. You need to be welcoming, likable, and energetic (but not to the point where people can’t decide if they are in a webinar or an aerobics class).
- Friendly Reminder – People these days have busy schedules and need to be reminded of their scheduled webinar. Many probably won’t even write down the day and time when they sign up because they will expect to receive a reminder. Send an automated email when they sign up, 24 hours in advance, and then 1 hour prior.
- Splurge on Essentials – To produce a quality webinar you will need the right equipment and software. Opt for software that streamlines the process for you by taking care of the registration and email reminders. Webinar Jam and GoToWebinar are both solid tools. You should have a fast Internet connection and a crystal clear microphone.
- Sell, Sell, Sell – You may think you are pushing your luck to try to sell something to people who just paid for your webinar, but chances are good that they are expecting to be presented with options to buy. They have probably attended other webinars and are used to picking up a little “souvenir” from them.
- Bottom Line is the Primary Focus – Create a funnel with your webinar. A good example of the whole experience would go something like this: attract visitors to your site, encourage them to sign up for your mailing list, and get them to sign up for your webinar. When they show up to your webinar focus on the goal, which may be selling a membership or another webinar. By focusing on building a following you are also earning lifetime contacts.