Years ago, video content was something businesses could do without. If you invested time in it then you would reap some benefits, but you certainly would not feel like you were being penalized if you chose not to. Times have drastically changed. Today, people are actually spending more time watching digital video than being on their favorite social media site. If you are still not sure if you need to jump on this business trend, here are a few reasons why you should.Comments are open:
- More Effective Branding – If you think about brands like Pepsi, Verizon, State Farm and Old Navy, you see that the one thing they have in common is that you can immediately think of a logo, commercial, or product they offer at the mention of their name. There is no question regarding who they are or what they do because they have a strong, recognizable brand. Video content brings images, audio, identity and text together to enhance branding. This is especially important for startup businesses or those who have suddenly started having a hard time competing.
- Increase Brand Loyalty – If you are looking for a particular product or service and you are not already sold on one, you are really just looking for a business to earn your loyalty. This is what video content does. The longer a person spends on your page the more invested they become in your brand. They are more likely to browse around the site after watching a video than they are if they land on a page that is strictly content.
- Great Repurposing Potential – Nowadays, consumers are into recycling and reusing just about everything. Your digital video may not ever end up clogging a landfill and polluting the air, but that does not mean it can’t be repurposed. A video can later be used for still photos or even merged with other videos in the future. Think of this as having your own marketing library, which could end up saving you time and money if you don’t have to start from scratch for every project.
- Connect Deeper – Most customers want to get to know the business they are supporting. They simply want to know where their money is going. If you can connect with them on a deeper level, you earn their loyalty – even if something new or cheaper comes along. After all, it is easier to say no to a stranger than it is to someone you already have a connection with.
- Easy Embedding – Video content may have been reserved for the tech-savvy person years ago, but not anymore. Thanks to such fantastic advances in technology, embedding videos on social media platforms, websites and blogs is effortless.